As the marketing manager for your company you’re often conflicted. Do I gather a list of e-mail addresses or home addresses? Do I try and compete with the millions of e-mails sent out every year? No more second-guessing, the proof is in the pudding.
According to Marketing Profs, only 44% of people can recall the brand directly after seeing a digital ad, whereas 75% can directly recall the brand after receiving direct mail. As if that isn’t stunning enough, 70% of people believe they receive too many emails. Here are some statistics to prove direct mail is the biggest bang for your buck:
- 79% of consumers act on direct mail immediately compared to only 45% who act on emails right away.
- Direct mail can generate a 1-3% response rate, compared to email’s average response rate of 0.12%.
- Direct mail generates 34% of customers, compared to email’s 24%.
- Filters can tarnish your creativity; 43% of Gmail users read their emails without rendered images.
- 57% of abandoned email addresses are because they received too many emails.
- 56% of consumers say mail makes them feel valued.
- Spam makes up 45% of all emails.
- The average lifespan of a direct mail piece is 17 days, while it is just two seconds for emails.
- 87% of direct mail recipients are influenced to buy something online. 43% will download an offer online. 54% of consumers engage in that brand’s social media.
- Customers spend 25% more when businesses use a combination of direct mail and email marketing.
These statistics were pulled from the Data and Marketing Association. If you’re ready to make a lasting impression on your customers by popping up in their mail box, contact us today! We provide solutions from beginning to end.