Healthcare is a hot topic in the political world and has been for a very long time now. Healthcare is also a hot topic at L & D Mail Masters. With our secure facilities and processes, we are able to offer clients efficient service in a facility at the Crossroads of America that is as secure as those at Google and Amazon. According to Referrel MD, 17,000 patient records are breached per day on average. At L & D Mail Masters, our external and internal security guarantees our clients do not become a statistic while trusting us with statement processing.
If you’d like to know more about our statement processing never hesitate to pick up the phone and call us. In the meantime, here are 6 ways to use direct mail in the healthcare industry.
1. Announcements – Are you offering a new service to your clients? Is there a new doctor on staff? New healthcare restrictions or laws? Direct mail is the perfect solution for all of your healthcare announcements.
2. Thank you cards – Everyone wants to feel special, and a simple thank you card can do the trick. According to the Harvard Business Review, the average corporate email account sent or received more than 100 emails per day and Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 now send or receive nearly 100 texts per day. The electronic communications are overdone. Handwritten notes stand out. If healthcare professionals take the time out to send well wishes or a thank you card to their patients, it will leave a lasting impression.
3. Generate walk-in traffic – Are you ready to offer free or discounted physicals or tests? A direct mail postcard will help with your marketing efforts. The healthcare industry is expected to increase by 22% between 2008 and 2018. A growing industry means greater competition. The first step to obtaining and retaining clients is getting them to walk into your door!
4. Healthcare follow-up – Everyone is handed their diagnosis and treatment information before leaving the doctor’s office, but is that the opportune time to give patients that information? It will not hurt to hit patients with another touch via direct mail days later. This is especially important when it is a major surgery or diagnosis. Direct mail will also be the go-to method to remind patients of their annual check-ups.
5. Co-branding tactics – It all comes down to what you can offer your patients that others can’t. My childhood dentist used to send Wendy’s frosty coupons home after a cleaning visit. It made a lasting impression and had me running to the dentist rather than running from him.
6. Reviews – In 2017, reviews are your lifeline. Over 60% of patients use review websites to select a physician. A direct mail piece with a personalized URL (PURL) included will help earn you more reviews.
As falseStatistics says, 61-73% of readers will respond greater to a direct mail piece versus an email. These tips are perfect for the healthcare industry, but work for all industries. Implement them now. See results later!