With nearly one-million pieces of mail running through production during the day at 110 Security Parkway in New Albany, Indiana, there are many moving parts. One of the significant pieces is Steve Gorbett. He is L & D Mail Masters’ production supervisor. If you meet him, you’ll instantly sense the passion he has for the direct mail business. How’d he end up here? Let’s get to that! Here are seven things you didn’t know about L & D Mail Masters’ Production Supervisor, Steve Gorbett.
- Steve was born and raised in Seymour, Indiana. He says he moved around a ton when he was growing up, and his biggest challenge was always making new friends. Maybe that is why Steve is such a people-person today! Eventually, he would land in New Albany, Indiana where he graduated high school.
- Gorbett says he was somewhat of an Information Technology (IT) nerd growing up. He loved computers and it helps him manage the machines he uses today.
- Steve began as a printer operator at L & D Mail Masters in 2003. For fifteen years, Gorbett has grown in his career with L & D Mail Masters and now manages many aspects of the production floor.
- He is the father of two. He has a 16 year-old daughter and a 12 year-old son.
- Steve loves being a dad and attending his kids’ pep band, marching band, jazz band and solo and ensemble functions.
- Steve enjoys fishing. He said he enjoys the hobby even if the fish bite or not! Give him a boat and a pole, and he’s happy!
- He has earned and maintained many Mail Design Professional certifications and enjoys attending the National Postal Forum event.
Steve is always up for a new challenge! Have a die-cut you’re not sure we can execute; Gorbett will work with our graphics department to execute the most appealing mail piece you can think of!